First, one of my favorite movies is the 1965 movie "The Great Race" starring Jack Lemon, Tony Curtis, Natalie Wood and Peter Falk. One of the best parts of the movie is a when all the characters duke it out in a pie fight...what truly makes this scene a classic is the compilation between the fight and the snappy music in the background. The music was composed by the amazing Henry Mancini and appropriately titled "Pie-in-the Face Polka." So, when you hear me say, "He is about two seconds away from getting a pie-in-the-face"...you'll now know that I'm referencing this pie-in-face throw-down...and here it is:
Second, I've always liked the theme song at the end of the Benny Hill Show...it's always played with folks running quickly around and dodging obstacles that appear out of nowhere. So, it's only appropriate when I reference that, "My day feels like the end credits to the Benny Hill Show," that I'm trying to say it looks a little something like this:
3 comments:
Haha O-M-G Meg! I have never seen that movie and about died when that guy got hit in the face and was lovin the Brandy! haha I loooove the old movies with Jack Lemmon and Tony Curtis so that's one I'll have to check out some time. I always liked the films with them and Marilyn Monroe.
Thanks for the entertaining catch phrases and explanations :)
What happened to "Run away, run away!"
Beth...you have to see it...go and put it on your Netflix right now...it's hilarious!!! I too love the part where he says, "Brandy...I never mix my pies." Oh...too much fun!!!
Post a Comment