Monday, January 5, 2009

Om for my spirit & Chi for my legs....

Tomorrow begins my intensive yoga practice and running regime.  I expect lots of support from those around me...although just for the record, when I say support...I'm thinking more along the lines of a, "Gooooo Meghan," not you following me in your car, hanging out the window and taunting me with motivational chants via a megaphone.  I might be forced to toilet paper your house if that happens.

Anyhoo, my yoga and running routines will be is as follows:

My Monday and Tuesday evenings will now strictly be for yoga. Monday nights, I plan to take a 90 minute Hot Flow Yoga class at Amazing Yoga (a yoga center in my area). When I say it's a hot yoga class...it's a HOT YOGA CLASS and that's not even an exaggeration. The room temperature is kept between 90 to 100 degrees to help deepen your yoga experience (it really does feel good to have such an intense practice and physical purge)--lets just say I water-up the whole day prior to the class and have my trusty water bottle sidekick during the class. 

On Tuesday evenings, I will be taking another 90 minute yoga class, but the beauty of this class...it will be held at my job. Yep, my friend Sheri and I organized a weekly Tuesday evening class to be held in our conference room, that will be taught by my friend, neighbor, & yoga instructor Catherine. The class will be for both Sheri and I, along with a few of our other colleagues, in hopes to help us reduce our high, job related, stress levels. 


Then on Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and sometimes Sundays I will begin my Chi Running routine. Sometime in 2009, I would really like to run a 1/2 marathon...we'll see...it's a huge commitment. I was doing so well last winter with my running routine...almost 6 1/2 miles a day.  However, when I returned from Australia I was bitten with the "Bump on a Log" syndrome, and let both my yoga and running routines come to a screeching halt. The good news...the past couple weekends I've been amazed how quickly I've morphed back into the running routine from last winter...I'm already up to 3 miles...yippee!  Maybe that idea of a 1/2 marathon in 2009 is not as faraway as it seems.  

If you find yourself having words of wisdom, encouragement and/or tips for consistency, please feel free to pass along and share!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Meg, gooooo meg...

Old said...

...you following me in your car, hanging out the window and taunting me with motivational chants via a megaphone.

My plot was foiled by your uncanny anticipation!

Megs said...

I know your tricky enigma ways "Old"...although you almost fooled me with your Avril Lavigne calender.

Old said...

Now and then, I announce "I know you're listening" to emptyrooms.