Sunday, January 11, 2009

Don't hate us 'cause we're beautiful!!


It was a bitterly cold game tonight at Heinz Field...where the Steelers turned out a 35-24 win over the San Diego Chargers--how exciting!!!! Therefore, next Sunday the Steelers will host the AFC Championship game against the Baltimore Ravens--here we go Steelers, here we go!!!  

The best part of Steeler Football is gathering together with friends to watch the game at either a local bar/grill or at someone's house. I know only a few people who do not get together with friends to watch the Steeler games...in fact, some of the best parties I've been to (since coming to Pittsburgh) have been Steeler Game Day Parties. I, of course, watched the game tonight from the warm comforts of a friend's house (Anastasia Lunerhausen--again, whose real name must be concealed for political purposes). There was great food, karaoke at half-time, and lots of game time chit-chat. 

I got to say...it's pretty cool in Pittsburgh when the Steelers get this close to the Superbowl. This city goes "nutzo" for the Steelers, and to be part of the Superbowl win in 2006 was absolutely amazing. I'm hoping Pittsburgh can pull off a win against Baltimore next week, but none-the-less it's still a ridiculously fun time in Pittsburgh right now...I might even have to break out a little Pittsburgh Polka for next week's game :-)



4 comments:

Old said...

Whatever you did during this game, make sure you do the same next week!

What song did you karoke?

Anonymous said...

Go Stelers....

TR Amrine said...

Trust me, no one hates the Steelers for being beautiful.


They hate them for being Steelers.




(Except Mike Tomlin...he's dreamy.)

Anonymous said...

I mean really. U know what since my Cowboys are out and I'm in love with your coach...maybe if you guys win I won't be that mad. Although I'm also a big Kurt Warner fan too so I'm not sure.

We will see

Pittsburgh yuck