Monday, June 15, 2009

Finally...good TV on one of my 3 channels!!!

Oh my how I'm very excited that the show "So You Think You Can Dance" is back. I know it's strange that I'm drawn to a show that is not inundated with the Paranormal, Sci-Fi or ridiculous humor....but, I LOVE dancing of all sorts & music; therefore, I am smitten over "So You Think You Can Dance!"  And yes...if I could I would marry it (that goes to all you smarty-pants out there).

When I first caught this show, it was at the midway marker of last season...I was so blown away by the quality and emotion of the dancing that I was INSTANTLY hooked. Because I adore the emotional sounds of music, what I found to be so interesting is how well the choreographers and dancers were able to convey the emotion of the music into movement...brilliant!!! The show explores dances that incorporates Contemporary, Ballroom, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Ballet...absolutely everything...it's a great eclectic mix of routines. 

Anyhoo, "So You Think You Can Dance" is back, and excitingly I've been able to catch it from the beginning auditions to the current performances. Here is the dance that first captured my attention.  The choreography in this piece is killer...I'm sorry that I can't show you a better video version...but hopefully you'll get the point.  

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oh. Em. Gee. I flippin' LOVE this show!!! I got chills just re-watching this video!! Holy smokes Meg, I am so thrilled you are so super duper in love with it like I am :)

Megs said...

Holy Crap!!!! You love this show? What the what...why aren't we debriefing after each episode? We are definitely going to have to talk or chat via FB!!! Maybe...we can put together a Contemporary dance piece for the family over the holidays...it will be just like when we were kids!!! Too funny!!!

Mike King said...

Ok....I like the show too! But don't tell anyone!

Uncle Mike