Finally, Bronwyn turned 30!!!!! Beet, as she's known to those close to her, is the last of our childhood friends to turn the big 30. Bronwyn was always a couple months behind on the age thing...when I was 18 and she was 17 I bought her cigarettes and faked her ID so that she could get into bars that were 18 and up; when I was 21 and she was 20 I bought her alcohol; and now she joins the rest of us for our 30-year-old momentary freak out--goodtimes!
To ring in this monumental birthday, we (Bronwyn, our other childhood friend Leigh, and myself), along with several of Brownyn's Delta Zeta Sorority sista's from back in the day, celebrated her 30th birthday the 2nd weekend in October, at a family friend's home in the middle of the West Virginia mountains. Bottom line, we celebrated with no rules...it was just us and the mountains. We ate scrumptious food, seriously drank, laughed until our sides hurt, reminisced on both the good and not so good memories, had dance offs, and sang along with the music all until the wee hours of each morning!!!!
One of the reminiscing memories everyone always makes us talk about was how Beet and I met, so I thought I'd share it with you. Bronwyn and I have known each other for our entire lives; however, we didn't become friends until one day at the beginning of 6th grade and it goes a little something like this: Bronwyn, had allegedly been playing with a girl from our class and rockin' out to a new headband. Well, Bronwyn wasn't the only one attracted to that new and sassy headband...a little yellow jacket was attracted as well...long story short that yellow-jacket stung Bronwyn twice in the forehead in a fight over the headband.
Bronwyn's parents were unfortunately out of town during this bee incident, and because Bronwyn and I were supposed to be at the same function (the magical Disney on Ice) later that day...it was agreed by our parents that my mom would pick Bronwyn up for the event and then Beet would come back to my house and stay with us until her parents returned home. As my mom and I drove to Bronwyn's house my mom informed me that, "Bronwyn's been stung by a bee and after the Disney on Ice she's going to stay with us for a couple days...so don't look at her funny...she's very swollen."
Now, I must state for the record as everyone was talking about her being stung...my thought was, "So she'd been stung in the hand or foot and it's a little swollen, so what's all the hype about...who hasn't been stung." Well, we got to Bronwyn's house and she came outside...that's when I realized that someone forgot to tell me she'd been STUNG IN THE HEAD AND WAS ALLERGIC TO BEES...she looked like the Elephant Man....no joke!!!! I was like, "What the what?" I couldn't stop staring at her and laughing (secretly to myself of course). The good thing was she couldn't see out of either of her eyes, so she didn't know I was staring or laughing.
After this we became friends who were literally inseparable. I have very few memories since then that do not include Bronwyn--she is the only person I've ever met that loves and sees the humor in the movie, "The 'Burbs"!!! For my 30th birthday last year, Bronwyn, who is a scrap-booker, made a memory book full of pictures and stories of our friendship--it is hysterical!!!! I must say...we are a lot of fun and have some ridiculously funny memories!!!
To another 30 years....CHEERS Beet!
1 comment:
happy birthday bronyn, did I meet her in Richmond once? Are you cleansing yet?
Post a Comment