On Sunday, August 2nd, my friend Michelle Coco (social worker extraordinaire) and her husband Don Strange were thrown a "la petite bebe shower" at Sonny's Tavern. Sonny's is a BAR in the Bloomfield neighborhood!! I have to say that this shower was by far the best baby shower I've ever been to!!! First of all, all the rest of us shouldn't have to suffer and not drink because Michelle decided to get knocked up...riiiight!!! So, my afternoon started with some Whiskey, and then Don & Michelle arrived & got the party started. There was a raffle, a Magic 8-ball "Baby Coco/Strange Futuristic" game (I won a Blue Ribbon for 2nd place), a single-parent card signing to show Michelle all of her ass-kickin' supporters in case Don flew the coop (um, just for the record, this was for humor purposes not because anyone thinks Don is leaving Michelle), hard core old schoolin' rock on the jukebox, Michelle & Don's baby fetus on a cake, gifts (I have to say the Mr. T Rubber Ducky was the best), chatting, laughing and more whiskey. I am so glad Michelle and I are friends, because I can't think of any other way to spend a Sunday.
The "fetus" cake!!!!!
Of course....I have more photos of this loverly afternoon!!!! Thanks to Michelle & Don...I can't wait for this little one to make her grand appearance!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment