On Wednesday July, 29th, my parents & I headed down to Charleston, WV for the John Legend/India Arie concert. I LOVE John Legend & India Arie...but, it was really my dad that purchased the tickets and is the John Legend fiz-an, so this show was all him!!!! What can I say...it was FAB-U-LOUSSSS!!! India Arie was spectacular & when John sang his old stuff it was tight and down!!!! The trip for me was somewhat of a whirlwind; however, it was really fun jammin' out with my parents, they are always a good time!!!! Here is a little bit of the John and India flava!!!!
On Friday, July 31st, it was off to the live Neko Case concert here in Pittsburgh. As always, she was A-MAZ-ING!!! We (myself, Amanda, Sheri, Rick & Lauren) were all somewhat concerned whether or not the show would even go on, because it had rained...scratch that...POURED for the 12 days prior to the show. However, at exactly 7:30pm on the 31st, the rains stopped, the sky cleared, the dampness stayed & it was off to the show.
The venue was at the new Amphitheater at Sandcastle Waterpark, so it was somewhat odd...but even odder were all the bats flying around snatching up all the dampness bugs. Thank you BATS!!! The venue folks were super sticklers about NO PHOTOGRAPHY, so I have no photos; however, we were on the 5th row, the acoustics were incredible, her voice was killer & the band banter was hilarious, so I could really care less about the photos.
In typical Neko tradition, I would like to continue to spread Neko Case's good word; therefore, I've included a video above of Neko in Charleston, WV during her Mountain Stage performance. In this clip she sings "Middle Cyclone" the title track off her new album "Middle Cyclone." Again...if you have the chance to see and/or hear her live...it is well worth whatever she's charging.
No comments:
Post a Comment