Here's a playlist of my favorite "LOVE" songs...I hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!!!!! I'll publish this "LOVE" playlist (under my iMixes) on Monday...enjoy :-)
1. Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye & Tammy Terrell: What a wonderful song...no one says it better than these two...and those drum clicks...fabulous!!!!
2. Bleed to Love Her by Fleetwood Mac: Oh, such a pleasant way to express that feeling of aching and yearning for someone else. I like the unique "guitar runs" that can be heard throughout the song.
3. Come in from the Cold by Marc Broussard: A lovely song about the security and comfort of love and a relationship.
4. Crash Into Me by Dave Matthews Band: I love the way I feel when I listen to this song. Oh...the words to this song are incredible...I love the line that goes, "I'm so lost for you..."
5. Crazy Love by Van Morrison: This song makes me smile and makes my heart skip a beat!
6. Crystal by Fleetwood Mac: A song about that overwhelming, stomach turning feeling when you meet "that" someone. The first line starts, "Do you always trust your first initial feeling...that special knowledge that holds true."
7. Cupid by Sam Cooke: This, for me, is a fun little song about Cupid helping that someone take notice of you. I like dancing around to this one!
8. Day Dreaming by Aretha Franklin: One word...Smooth!
9. Evergreen by Barbra Streisand: I've always liked this song...I feel it represents that "life and energy" of love.
10. Holdin' On by Citizen Cope: This song brings out those feelings from down in your core and the depths of your soul. It's that feeling that just makes you want to hold on to love forever.
11. How Deep is Your Love by Bee Gees: Um...hello...it's the Bee Gees...how could they not be on a "Love" playlist?
12. I Believe in the Thing Called Love by The Darkness: Did you think I would leave these crazy guys off of my most awesome playlist...LOVE THEM!!!!
13. I've Got You Under My Skin by Frank Sinatra: I like this song because it's about being caught up in someone else while trying to keep your self in check. I also like it because when I listen to it, I break out into a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers dance routine.
14. Love and Happiness by Al Green: A great song about both the gift and curse of being in love.
15. Love Like This by Natasha Bedingfield: A song, with a catchy melody, about love overcoming all obstacles.
16. Love of My Life by Erykah Badu & Common: A song about the transition from a friendship to a soul-mate...this song is tight and can't be beat!!
17. Love That Girl by Raphael Saadiq: This song has the sweetest words...
18. Misty by Johnny Mathis: This one's for my mom...one of her favorites that she used to sing around the house when I was growing up.
19. The Nearness of You by Norah Jones: I love how eloquently she puts the simpleness of just being with that other person.
20. Only You by the Platters: First of all, I love the Platters especially their song "Twilight Time," but what I love about this song is how it conveys what someone will do for love.
21. Sea of Love by Cat Power: Love expressed in nice and simple way.
22. Secret Garden by Bruce Springsteen: Beautiful lyrics that are so very comforting.
23. Set the Mood Prelude/Until the End of Time by Justin Timberlake: Hands down the sexiest song of my generation.
24. Slow Dance by John Legend: Love the piano in this song...it mixes with John's voice in such a smooth and sexy way.
25. The Light by Common: I love that feeling when someone wants to get to know you and can handle the emotions that come with it...I love the line, "Some recognize your light, but can handle the glare."
26. Strawberry Letter 23 by Shuggie Otis: This is just a fun song about someone lovin' life when your are near.
27. Sweet Thing by Chaka Khan & Rufus: Some many thoughts and feelings about this song...definitely a classic.
28. Tell Him by Lauryn Hill: A song about going out on a limb and making your heart vulnerable.
29. Yellow by Coldplay: An amazing song just about loving someone else and what you would do for that other person.
6 comments:
god bless meghan and her imixes, where would this world be without them.
great selections...I know most of them but am looking forward to hearing them all...of course, I feel there are a few that have been missed but they can be included on your next collection..Love Songs Loved by Old People! haha
No one sing "Misty" like velvet voice of Johnny Mathis...
Sorry about the deletes. I was trying to link to the Talking Heads but doing it wrong. I fail at the internet this week. Ah, well.
Post a Comment