Monday, February 2, 2009

Pennsylvania's got a "Triple Threat"

A "Triple Threat" meaning: a Steeler Superbowl victory, Groundhog Day's most famous groundhog Punxsutawny Phil, and my 31st birthday....Woooooooooo-Hoooooooooo!!

I don't think I have to go into detail regarding how INCREDIBLE it was last night for the Steelers not just to win, but to also be part of Superbowl history!!!! I have been very fortunate to have been in Pittsburgh--excuse me, I think we are now calling the city "Six-Burgh"-- for not one, but two Steeler Superbowl wins and the amount of unity and energy this city has right now is something that's hard to explain and/or duplicate. So, I'm not going to say anything more about the Steeler victory...except that today is an awesome day to be a Pittsboig'er and know the references of Iron City Beer, a Primanti Sandwich and yinzers.




After celebrating the Steeler victory until about 2:30am last night (oh and by the way--how funny was "The Office")...I awoke early this morning to watch my boy Phil display grumpiness and reluctance about his early morning guest appearance; however, after challenging himself to not be a "grump-butt" he came out and saw his shadow. Phil's verdict: sadly, 6 more weeks of winter.



Today has been a fun filled day of cupcakes and cake brought in by a few of my colleagues. Tonight, I will toast my "31" years with having dinner with several friends at a Wine and Tapas Bar here in the 'Burgh called Ibiza. I plan to end the evening with a slice of cherry pie (which I purchased for myself yesterday) and a cup of decaffeinated coffee while watching the season premiere of "Medium" on NBC--ah...the good life! It really has been a wonderful birthday, and I'd like to give a nice "thank-you" to my family and friends for such cheerful, celebratory birthday wishes and making 31 even better than 30.

As my boy Joel Osteen told me on Sunday night: "I am blessed, favored and 2009 will be a supernatural year!" Do you think by "supernatural" he meant that this is the year I'll be abducted by aliens?




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Phil may have seen his shadow but Freddie did not! Happy Birthday dear child, what a blessing you are...

TR Amrine said...

Happy Birthday Meg!!!



(I will intentionally avoid any Steeler jabs in your honor.)

Anonymous said...

A little belated birthday wish to my cousin :)
Hope it was supercalifragalisticexpialidocious! (No, I did not look that spelling up...that was a complete guess, haha)

Megs said...

Thanks wonderful family members for your birthday wishes and steering clear of Steeler jib-jabs!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Very Belated Birthday Meg!! You know, the Steelers can thank Ohio State for Santonio Holmes. He was the man in that game. Glad to hear you had a good birthday.