Thursday, September 29, 2011

It's 5pm in Tokyo!

One of my favorite things so far in Tokyo is the notification that it's 5pm. Each day, projected over loud speakers throughout the city, a Japanese song called "Yuyake Koyake" is played to notify school children, workers and possibly those folks without a watch (me included) that it's 5pm and time to go home. Tokyo is such a quiet city that no matter where you are you have no problem clearly hearing every note of this song. No one really seems to pay much attention to the song; however, I am very much aware of it and each time I hear it I have to refrain from breakin' out in some "Yuyake Koyake" street dancing.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it and would love it even more if I could see you dance to it! Christine ;)

mummsy said...

made me sleepy and relaxed.

m said...

Loving the pictures...somehow I missed them when you posted. Anxious to hear your commentary...

Megs said...

Christy...do you think that the Wii Dance thing would take the suggestion of incorporating this song into their new updated version? Cause if so....I think I could kill it on points!

It's my favorite time of day...I wish they played it on the hour EVERY hour!!!

Hopefully more pictures to come :-)