In preparation of this Japanese adventure...I felt it was only appropriate to make the most awesome travel playlist. I started compiling a mix of the most ridiculous American/Japanese sing-songs. Of course, "Styx's" classic "Mr. Roboto" came to mind, and thanks to Travis Bailey's recent reminder, "Alphaville's" "Big in Japan" was quickly added. The more I looked into songs, the more hysterical I got in regard to some of the lyrics AND videos...especially those from the 80's...WOW! In the end, I was only able to come up with 9 songs....I'm thinking there HAS to be more....so what would you add?
In the meantime, I've decided to poll-it-out on my list of the 9 sing-songs. I've attached the videos below. So, watch the videos and vote for your favorite song in the polling place off to the side of the blog page.
Robyn "Konichiwa Bitches"
The Vapors "Turning Japanese"
Gwen Stefani "Harajuku Girls"
Styx "Mr. Roboto"
Gorillaz "Left Hand Suzuki Method"
Alphaville "Big in Japan"
Deep Purple "Woman from Tokyo"
Aneka "Japanese Boy"
5 comments:
Evan
said...
You forgot the Yoshida Brothers. I know they don't fit the "theme" but they have to be on your playlist.
I just love Mr.Roboto...of course those are the only 2 words I know of the entire song. I just watched the video...don't recall ever seeing the video but I did understand all the words and I too have a secret!?
Evan I will NEVER leave them off...they are like the Japanese Rodrigo y Gabriela!! Jonathan that's a "HAI!!" (that means yes) AHHHH, great suggestions Anonymous (I know who you are)....damn I forgot about Yoshimi...drats!! The Ben Folds song is DOPE (yes I just said DOPE)and would have loved it for my playlist. Mummsy...Mr. Roboto just loves you too!!
5 comments:
You forgot the Yoshida Brothers. I know they don't fit the "theme" but they have to be on your playlist.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ron17xFNBf0
Meg, we've been hearing great things about you and AF-CBT. Glad you are blogging again now we know what you're up to. A happy hour when you get back?
more songs for your japanese adventure.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3arHcXSQRsM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hq-W-4Izjwc
I just love Mr.Roboto...of course those are the only 2 words I know of the entire song. I just watched the video...don't recall ever seeing the video but I did understand all the words and I too have a secret!?
Evan I will NEVER leave them off...they are like the Japanese Rodrigo y Gabriela!! Jonathan that's a "HAI!!" (that means yes) AHHHH, great suggestions Anonymous (I know who you are)....damn I forgot about Yoshimi...drats!! The Ben Folds song is DOPE (yes I just said DOPE)and would have loved it for my playlist. Mummsy...Mr. Roboto just loves you too!!
Post a Comment