
Last Sunday (a little over a week ago), while cleaning my apartment...I noticed a shiny object on my wall close to the ceiling. I said to myself, "What the what is that?" Soooo ridiculously, instead of being careful & using my step ladder...I chose to be lazy & stepped up on one of my wooden dining room chairs. As I reached out to wipe off the shiny spot...I realized it was simply a reflection from the damn sunlight shining through my windows. As I stepped down off the chair, while simultaneously damning my horrible eyesight...I felt the chair begin to tip. Then all the sudden the chair tipped forward...leaving my ribcage seriously impaled by the top of the chair & my breath knocked out completely!!
For the minute...while laying on the floor unable to catch my breath and/or call someone for help since my cell phone was on the other side of my apartment...I thought I was going to die. However, after some time passed & I started slowly breathing again...the panic subsided & I started to slowly get up and move about my apartment. Instantly...the left side of my chest was beginning to turn a light shade of purple, with dark purple dots lining my rib cage...not good!
Long story short...after having multiple X-Rays & my Primary Care Physician giving me the weirdo-mcweirdo eye as if I was "that patient" since last time I visited her office my eyeball was exploding (please reference Eyegate 2008 in this blog for further details)...the X-Rays & diagnosis---5 stress rib fractures, 1 broken rib and a very bruised/torn internal & external intercostal muscles. Due to the amount of pain and limited movement I called in my mom...who took the BEST care of me and now thankfully, I am healing very nicely...SLOWLY...but nicely.
In conclusion & in the words of my mother..."this is one of many household accidents to come"...so my lesson....DO NOT STAND ON CHAIRS!!!
The End
3 comments:
Is this why you missed the monthly meeting? Olivia said you weren't feeling well, in case you were wondering you didn't miss much. Feel better and let me know if you need anything.
I saw you awkwardly getting out of your car in Oakland sometime last week. This explains the uncomfortable look on your face, feel better.
Evan
I think you should change the name of your blog to: "I got something to break..."
Post a Comment