Sunday, July 12, 2009

If a Real Tornado Loved You....Would You:

This poll was based on Neko Case's song "This Tornado Loves You." Of course, this song is a favorite of mine and after approximately the thousandth time I listened to it...I thought, "What would I do if a real tornado loved me?" After much ponderance, my vote in the end left me feeling very uncomfortable & it seemed from the feedback that I got from many of you that discomfort was a common theme in this poll.

Because many of you took the time not just to vote, but also to think about what you'd do if a real tornado loved you, I've broken-down and added commentary based on what I know and what you've told me about each category.

1. Give in and let the tornado suck you into its madness (8 votes):  2 of you had the balls to "officially" vote for this one, which means you have a lot more strength than what you think. I had 6 emailers who wanted to pick this option; however, they were not able to vote because they were each so disturbed of their initial thought that by giving in and appeasing the tornado's wishes that things would be easier for everyone else. Ha! ha! ha! ha!...the most interesting thing to come out of this poll...most of the emailers now report putting their needs first with a serious vengeance---go ahead with your assertive selves!!!!   

2. Build a livable pod under water, isolated from friends and family in order to keep them safe from the tornado's manipulation (0 votes): No votes for this option which is good because the tornado would have simply followed friends and/or family when they sent supplies out to you...then the tornado would have simply breezed out onto the water and hovered until you came out or sadly left when you died because of physical and emotional isolation.

3. Live in an underground bunker, isolated from friends and family to keep them safe from the tornado's manipulation (0 votes):  Also, no votes for this option which is good because the tornado would have also followed friends and/or family when they brought you supplies...leaving the tornado hovering until you came out or sadly left when you died because of physical and emotional isolation.

4. Collaborate with Jim Cantore (from the Weather Channel) to track the tornado's path so that you could keep running from it, while it destroyed everything in it's path to find you (5 votes): We all remember the Galveston, Texas hurricane of 2008...all the weather forecasters were out and about in Corpus Christi, Texas...but oh no...not Jim Cantore...he was the lone ranger in Galveston saying, "This storm is going to hit here in Galveston at a category 3," and so it did. What did we learn? Well, if Jim Cantore shows up in your neighborhood get the HELL out!!! Anyhoo, 2 of you voted for this option & to be honest this was my first option. However, I, along with 3 emailers, felt bad thinking about the tornado's anger as he knew I was evading him and the amount of disastrous destruction he would do to my friends, family & unknowns to take out his rage and/or bully them into unveiling my whereabouts. Maybe this should be my next poll...if you were being bullied by a tornado to tell your friend or family members whereabouts...would you tell?

5. Collaborate with scientists to help develop a super-size vacuum to destroy it (10 votes):  THE WINNER OF THE TORNADO POLL IS #5 with 10 people thinking this was the best option and the only way to prevent ourselves & our friends/family from being destroyed. For the record....I'M NOT ENDORSING MURDER; however, thinking about this tornado scenario made me appreciate the mentality those in domestically violent situations might have when it comes down to that moment of being sucked in, having your friends/family threatened or harmed, or taking the law into your own hands & stopping the madness. I hope I never have to develop a super-sized vacuum...if so, I'm calling on all you other 9 voters in this category to assist with the development of this killing-machine, that way I can have pals to share in the mental madness that I'm going to have after killing the tornado. 

This was a fun poll...thanks to all of you who took the time to think and/or vote!!!! So, in celebration of the fabulous Tornado poll...here again is Neko Case singing "This Tornado Loves You." Now, let's bring on July 31st so I can hear this song live in concert!!!!

No comments: