I've appropriately taken the day off on Friday, July 25th, to attend the afternoon premiere of the X-Files 2 "I Want to Believe" movie. It's going to be a great day...my totally awesome, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day should look a little like this: a leisurely rising Friday morning with an outing to my favorite coffee shop (Make Your Mark) for an espresso and blueberry muffin, then off I go to the marvelous X-Files movie premiere, then finish the day off with a trip to my colleague Amy's home for an end of the week "hours of happiness" celebration (aka bourbon slush/pomegranate martini extravaganza). Secretly, I'm pretending it's a MULDER and SCULLY extravaganza!!!! I think I might give an X-File toast...
To help you fully appreciate my crazy excitement of the X-Files premiere, I've enclosed a little SNL vide, starring the very funny Christopher Walkin and Kristin Wigg, to help act out my excitement from the time I heard the X-Files 2 movie was in production to the present day excitement of finally getting to see this film.
When you hear "Surprise Party" pretend they are talking about "X-Files," when they say "Sue" pretend they've said "Meg," and when they say "mall" pretend they've said "X-Files premiere is only 6 days away!!!!!!" HOT DAMN!!!!
3 comments:
You were so dead-on about Sue being YOU when it comes to Maulder and what's her name? That was too funny.
In that clip, I saw glimpses of when you were a little girl and didn't think you were going to get a birthday cake, only Hostess cupcakes!
Loved it. I've had a smile on my face ALL DAY thinking about how excited you are for tomorrow's premiere of the X-Files and picturing you with all of Sue's mannerisms. I took your lead and called off work tomorrow and plan on seeing the movie. I'll call you after. by the way I miss our X-File pot luck nights.
i'm a little late to watch this but nonetheless found it absofreakinlutely hilarious...so glad we are friends!
Post a Comment