As most of you know, for the weeks following Hillary Clinton's disappointing withdrawal from the Democratic Primary, I was not able to give a definitive answer when asked, "Are you supporting Obama?" In fact, when asked...my response was, "I don't know...John McCain's policies compared to Obama's lack of policy & naivety seem to balance one another out; therefore, at this point, a vote for Obama is no different to me than a vote for McCain."
I must say, I didn't realize my undecidedness would be met with such shocked responses. I should have made a photo installment of everyone's faces when some of you thought this Democratic gal might vote for Republican Johnny-Boy McCain. I could have called it the installment of "DISBELIEF" or maybe even "DANG! Why ya got to be like that?"
Anyhoo, within the past couple weeks two pivotal moments have played a huge part in my election status rethink.
The First: Al Gore (who made his endorsement AFTER Hillary withdrew...take a hint NARAL):
The Second: Hillary Clinton
I trust Hillary and Al, and I have no doubt they gave Barack a free ticket to the "get-it-together" and "step-up your game" buffet before their endorsements. Both Hillary and Al have a thrilling approach and understanding to public and international policy, they both appreciate concrete long term/short term goals, and they both have a unique ability to make ideas not only sound good in theory but also practical in application.
With that said, even though I still throw-up a little in my mouth when I utter the words...on this day, July 3rd, 2008, I give my official endorsement of Senator Barack Obama for President of the United States.
4 comments:
WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! The first thing I thought of was to link this:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=C8fI-dGWT74
good on you!
Wow, now those were 2 dynamic deliveries of ideals..Al was the funniest...if only he had displayed more humor when running for Pres...oh, well. I'm inspired by Hilary and Al.
Okay, TR (enirma), I give you kudos...that was a good one...I gave a little smile...but only a little smile.
Um, Mother...Al was funny in 2000...it's just that nobody listened.
Here is a good site for all your latest polling news: fivethirtyeight.com
From the FAQ:
There are several ways that the FiveThityEight methodology differs from other poll compilations. Firstly, we assign each poll a weighting based on that pollster's historical track record, the poll's sample size, and the recentness of the poll. More reliable polls are weighted more heavily in our averages. Secondly, we include a regression estimate based on the demograhics in each state among our 'polls', which helps to account for outlier polls and to stabilize the results. Thirdly, we simulate the election 10,000 times for each site update in order to provide a probabilistic assessment of electoral outcomes.
Post a Comment