Luckily for me, I just happened to be in Tokyo (Shibuya) during some sort of Japanese celebration. Not sure what kind of official celebration it was, but it appeared to be some sort of festive Shinto heritage celebration. Groups paraded, one after the other, through the streets carrying their own individualized shrines, wearing their own individualized outfits, and chanting their own individualized chants.
I must say, at first it was a little bit of a challenge not to jump right into that shrine carrying mix; however, after a while that whistle tweeting became so mesmerizing that it seemed to have turned me into a stationary zombie with a video-recorder. Sometimes now that I'm back in the States, I catch myself softly whistling those tweeting beats. Hopefully, I will just continue to whistle to myself and not bust out carrying a shrine down 5th Avenue.
Anyhoo, the cutest part were those little gals on the shoulders of their papas....they were having the very best time with their whistling "trance inducing" selves.
1 comment:
Whistler's mother must have come to town?
Post a Comment