This Memorial Day weekend I took a road-trip down to Parkersburg, West Virginia (can you hear Country Roads playing in the background) to attend my cousin Beth's wedding to Staff Sergeant Brian White. Actually these two young whippersnappers were married about two years ago in a quiet ceremony at the Morgantown Courthouse (appropriately before a WVU Football game). Unfortunately, at that time they were not able to have the big pomp & circumstance wedding due to Brian's approaching 18 month deployment to Iraq. Thankfully, a couple months ago, Brian returned to the United States safely...and what a better way to celebrate his safe return than with a beautiful Memorial Day weekend wedding. It was a weekend full of laughs, family fun, catching up, gallbladder emergencies (so sorry Josh), dancing, and learning more about the lost island of Anguilla (the island where Beth and Brian are spending their honeymoon...please reference my newest poll off to the side).
A big CONGRATULATIONS to Beth & Brian!!!! This picture was actually taken one their wedding day almost two years ago!!!
The loverly couple on their ceremonial wedding day on Sunday, May 24, 2009!
And of course some pictures of the rest of us enjoying Beth and Brian's reception...click :-) for more wedding pictures.
My grandfather and I following picture taking directions; however, my grandmother finding herself easily distracted by the wedding excitement.
Finally, my mom and Bob Gordon classically bustin' a move on the dance floor!!!!


4 comments:
Loved the pictures...how did I miss them???? I laughed all over again.
Too bad you didn't get a pic of the supposed "Night at the Roxbury" dance moves from Dad and Uncle Jeff. Then again, it's probably best you didn't :)
That's a good one of you with Grandma and Grandpa!
The funny thing is...I managed to be present for both the "Riverdance" & "Night at the Roxbury" dance-off performances; however, they were moving so quickly I couldn't capture a clear picture. @ Andy & Tara's wedding, I will be prepared and remember that I have camera mode on my camera. Next time, get ready for some "Night @ Roxbury" & "Riverdance" family YouTube moments. Ex-CELL-ent!!!!!
Thanks for compliment about G&G picture...if only Grandma had been looking AT THE CAMERA! Jeez!
Post a Comment