As many of you know, for a little over a year I have been plagued by the number: 606. Here is a little recap of how the past year has developed...In the middle of April 2007, I began waking up each morning at 6:06am. Now, after a while I thought it was sort of funny...thinking something must be occurring at that time each morning causing me to wake up. Then, it just stopped...nothing. About a week or two later, one evening I was cooking dinner and glanced at the clock: 6:06pm. This continued for a little over a week and at that point I started getting a little weirded out. I never wear a watch nor am I the type of gal that is ever really concerned about the time, so it wasn't like I was searching the time out.
Before paying my bills one night at the beginning of May...I checked my bank account balance...which stated: $606.23. While at the exact same time as I was checking my bank account, I received a telephone call from a Pittsburgh cell number that began 412-606-****....it was a wrong number...but the 606 piece stood out.
A couple days later, while working at home, I had an episode of X-Files on in the background. As an event occurred on the show the camera zoomed in to the clock on Scully's dresser, so that the viewers could note the time...that time, 6:06 (Note: I have never consciously noticed this part of the show before). Immediately, I turned the DVD off...now I was to the point where this was starting to make me uncomfortable. When I stopped the DVD the channel was on USA...and of course there was an episode of Law and Order...so just I left it on this channel and continued working. I wasn't really paying attention, but I heard a noise on the episode, I looked up and the address on the episode written across the screen was 606 Willaby Lane, NYC. No more TV that night.
A couple nights after this...I was doing yoga (headstand) in my apartment and it was somewhat late. I glanced over at the clock...to my surprise the clock read 6:06; however, it was really 9:09pm I was reading the time upside-down. I believe this was the first night I shared my spooky story with my mom...due to the building anxiety of this 606 phenomena.
For the next month, I was given back $6.06 in change, charged $6.06 at a coffee shop, parked three times behind cars with a 606 in their license plate #, signed a gazillion documents that needed to be dated for 06/06/07, received phone calls from 606 exchanges (all of which were wrong numbers), had voice mail messages left at 6:06 (I never heard my phone ring for any of those messages), oh the list goes on and on!!!!
Finally, in my freaked out mind I felt all of this had to be leading up to the date 06/06/07. I wasn't really sure what was supposed to happen on this day, but it seemed too strange to be coincidental...it must mean something? Well, the date of 06/06/07 came and went and nothing happened; however, in December 2007 I got a letter in the mail from the Pittsburgh Parking Authority about an unpaid parking ticket. The kicker is...I didn't know what they were talking about, because I never received a parking ticket. So, I contacted the Parking Authority and found that in deed I was given a ticket and that unidentified ticket was issued on 06/06/07 to my car.
606 is still a consistent theme in my life occurring on a daily basis...in fact 606 appears again as a date tomorrow 06/06/08. I have played the lottery with these numbers...nothing. I have researched the meaning of 606...nothing. It is the area code of Lexington, Kentucky. As a numerological number is should be a 3, but I have no idea if it really is a 3 or if it would actually be a 6.
I'm interested to know what ya'll make of this...is it a coincidence or something more? Is it just simply a pattern I've noticed and in turn conditioned myself to respond too it, or is it the cosmos trying to tell me something? I have no idea...all I know is I enter tomorrow a little edgier than most days...DAMN YOU 606!!!!!
4 comments:
606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606 606
no, seriously...606.
That was a good one enirma!
Threat levels of 606
Mild:
606 Magazine
606. Federal loans for State welfare programs
Senate Bill No. 606
Musings of a political, social, cultural, religious, and/or historical nature from near Milepost 606 on the Left Bank of the Ohio River, located at Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky.
606 Band
Tasty!
Be Alert:
House Bill No. 606
Topic 606 - Child Tax Credits
Spooky:
Herein thou shalt learn the mysteries of the guts of stars, their lifetimes, and their eventual fate. Due to the instructor's shameless bias, there will be more material on compact objects (white dwarfs, neutron stars, and black holes) than is usually presented in such a course.
WOW that book had exactly 606 pages! haha i'm so happy for my 1-second april fools-esque joke.
Post a Comment